Clarify your vision from capture to print.
The best photographic images are born of a unique vision and communicated through a well-executed print.
Work toward clarifying your vision in this three-month class for photographers looking refine their craft in the darkroom and learn new advanced techniques. Through a dynamic combination of technical lectures and guided printing sessions, you'll refine your ability to create expressive, insightful imagery, from the moment you press the shutter to the pulling of your final print.
Meeting every other week, class time will be split between lecture and demonstration, guided work sessions, and group critiques. Students will have unlimited access to the darkroom for processing and printing between sessions.
If you have intermediate experience printing in the darkroom but want to further your practice both creatively and technically, this class is for you!
- Film camera of choice (Medium format cameras available to rent for $50)
- 11"x14" fiber-based photographic paper
- Clarifying your photographic vision
- Understanding the relationship between shooting, processing, and developing
- Working with fiber-based papers
- Fine-tuning contrast and density for nuanced prints
- Using photography as an expressive tool
- Film Processing
- Darkroom Printing
Analog photographers with previous darkroom experience who are looking to improve their printing skills and grow as image makers.
- Non-members: $695.00
- Members: $625.50
- 6-session Class
- Saturday mornings
- 10am - 2pm
Reshecheduled due to weather
- January 20th
- February 3rd
- February 24th
- March 10th
- March 24th
- (Date for a make-up class will be discussed during the first class)