Learn the ins and outs of photographing a real wedding, from contracts to the wedding day to delivering the final product.
Ever see a truly stunning wedding photo? It sticks with you. And that’s not by accident. Anyone can bring their camera to a wedding, but it takes a keenly trained eye and deft touch to make those pictures cherished keepsakes for life.
Before you can convince couples that you’re the ideal photographer to capture their special day, you need an eye-catching portfolio and real-life experience photographing an actual wedding. But getting that first wedding can be impossible without hours of assisting and lugging around another photographer's bags. You’ll go from amateur to pro in this course–without all the grunt work–by photographing an actual wedding with veteran shooter Jonathan Elderfield!
This course is designed to guide you through every step of the wedding photography process-from contracts and clients to lighting and post-production techniques, to the wedding day itself. You’ll finish the course with a versatile and streamlined set of marketable photography skills and a strong portfolio. You’ll be hard-pressed to find such a comprehensive, hands-on approach anywhere else.
Over the course of five sessions, you will:
• Meet with the bride and groom prior to the wedding to learn their needs and get to know them
• Photograph the wedding day alongside wedding photographer veteran Jonathan Elderfield
• Edit your images using Photo Mechanic, Lightroom, and Photoshop
But shooting weddings isn’t just about the images. In order to put yourself ahead of the pack, you need the behind-the-scenes details down pat.
This course also covers:
• The nuances of contracts and negotiations
• Meeting clients and presenting your brand
• Logistical planning for weddings of all types and sizes
This is a great course if you:
• Are getting started in event photography and want to improve your technical knowledge
• Want to learn marketable skills that will put you above the competition
• Need an experienced guide to help you develop a professional portfolio
If you’re ready to step into the wide world of wedding photography, we’re ready to help you get on your feet!
11 Odd But Essential Wedding Photography Tips»
- A DSLR or mirrorless camera
Jonathan Elderfield is an accomplished wedding, fine art, documentary and street photographer who has been practicing for close to two decades. His photography has appeared in a many publications, including National Geographic, The Chicago Tribune Magazine, and Men's Vogue. In addition to his documentary photography projects, he has worked as a freelance news photographer, and as a photo editor for world-class news organizations and photo agencies.
- Editing with Photo Mechanic, Lightroom, Photoshop
- Presentation and envisioning your product
- Contracts and negotiation, your bottom line
- Meeting Clients and how to present yourself
- Logistics of planning, equipment, the venue, etc.
- Special religious weddings and ceremonies
- Your personality and how to let it come through
- Computer Editing
Intermediate photographers who are looking to gain a comprehensive understanding of wedding photography.
- Non-members: $775.00
- Members: $697.50
- 5 Session Class
- 4 hours/session
- Payment plans available
- Getting married this summer? Couples that participate in this course get their wedding photos for FREE! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.