Learn to harness the expressive power of lighting and post-production in a studio setting
With the right lighting and post-processing, your photographs can be elevated to their full potential.
In this course, experienced commercial photographer and retoucher Jeff Shaffer will share his expertise to help you develop practical lighting and retouching skills that are necessary if you want to be successful as a photographer.
Over the course of 10 sessions, you will:
• Work in the studio with high grade lighting equipment, studio electronic flash, small portable flash, and tungsten (incandescent) lighting.
• Retouch your images using Adobe Photoshop.
Attending a one-day workshop or watching you-tube tutorials isn’t enough make you an expert; in order to take hold of these skills you need experienced, personal, and immersive guidance.
This course covers lighting and retouching skills that can be directly applied to:
• Product photography - shooting glass products
• Food photography
• Headshot - one light
• Editorial portrait - multiple lights
This is a great course if you:
• Are just starting out in photography and want to improve your technical knowledge.
• Want to learn skills that will help you stand out as a photographer in a competitive market.
• Are hoping to enhance your blog with captivating photos that will draw viewers in.
• Want to build a portfolio that will impress clients looking for commercial, fashion, and
- Digital SLR
Jeff Shaffer has been a commercial/advertising photographer and video producer for over 25 years. Together with his wife and business partner, photographer Dawn Smith, he has produced award-winning advertising and editorial imagery for clients such as Bon Appetit, Family Circle, Guinness, Heineken, Neiman-Marcus, Poland Spring, and Smirnoff. A desire to share this experience and knowledge has led to a second career as an educator and trainer. For more than 15 years, in both higher education and training facilities, Jeff has developed and taught many courses in digital photography, studio lighting and software. He has trained a wide variety of corporate, higher education, and government employees, as well as many individuals of all ages, careers and interests.
- Understanding how light affects the subject
- Understanding light ratios
- Calculating flash exposure
- Using a speedlight and strobes
- Using reflectors and light modifiers to achieve certain lighting effects
- Using Adobe Bridge and Lightroom to edit and process
- Using Adobe Photoshop to retouch images
- Computer Editing
Intermediate photographers who are looking to explore lighting and post-production in a studio setting. Students should have a thorough understanding of exposure and shooting in manual mode and a basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop.
- Non-members: $1250.00
- Members: $1187.50
- 10 Session Class
- 1 - 5pm
- March 26
- April 9
- April 23
- May 7
- May 21
- June 4
- June 25
- July 9
- July 23
- August 6