Get the most out of your sophisticated DSLR camera.
If you have a Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR), but are not sure how to use it, then this class is for you. This class will show you how to take creative advantage of the most modern and sophisticated cameras. In addition to instruction on aperture, shutter speed, and the different kinds of lenses, key concepts such as color temperature, white balance, and different file formats will be covered.
Students will walk away with full control over the manual functions in their cameras, as well as a solid understanding of the underlying concepts of Digital SLR cameras.
- Digital SLR Camera (rentals available for $30)
- Memory card
- Fully charged battery
- Instruction manual for camera
- Controlling exposure by manipulating aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Freezing motion, altering depth-of-field, and limiting digital noise
- Focal length and how different lenses produce different images
- White balance modes for different lighting situations
- Aesthetic elements of a good photograph
Anyone with a Digital SLR who wants to learn how to take full control over their camera. Suitable for those who have just purchased their first DSLR, as well as those who have some experience with manual mode but would like a refresher.