Improve your image-making skills and learn new digital photography techniques.
This six-week course is for intermediate-level digital photographers looking to delve further into the creative possibilities of the medium. Students will be encouraged to use the camera as an expressive tool as they refine their understanding of the technical and visual aspects of digital photography.
Students will learn new techniques for enhancing their imagery using Adobe Lightroom, while completing self-guided shooting assignments aimed toward the discovery of a personal style. Class time will be divided between technical lectures, slide lectures, discussion, and both individual and group critiques of each student's work.
Prerequisite: Foundations of Digital Photography I, or equivalent experience.
- Digital SLR
- Memory card (4GB or more)
- 8.5"x11" inkjet paper (Epson Premium Luster or Premium Glossy)
- Portable hard drive or high capacity flash drive (60GB or more of free space; Mac or FAT32 formatted)
Brandon Jones is an interdisciplinary artist and photographer originally from Atlanta, GA. Brandon received a dual BFA in photography and painting from the University of Georgia and an MFA in photography from Tyler School of Art. His work has been shown in group exhibitions worldwide and is included in several permanent collections, including the Rare Books and Manuscripts Collection at Beinecke Library of Yale University. While Brandon's primary focus is photography, he has also worked extensively with other mediums.
- How to incorporate visual language (composition) into your photographs
- Advanced image processing using Adobe Lightroom
- Using photography as an expressive tool
- Working towards developing your photographic voice
- Individual and group critique
- Computer Editing
- Digital Printing
Those who have previously taken Foundations of Digital Photography I, or intermediate photographers looking to refine their vision through assignments and critique. Participants should be comfortable working on Mac computers, and have some experience using Adobe Lightroom for image adjustment.
- Non-members: $540
- Members: $486
- 6-session class
- 3 hours/session