Re-introducing photography to Philadelphia.
About Project Basho
Project Basho is a photography educational center located in Old Kensington, an artist-concentrated and culturally vibrant section of Philadelphia. It is a small, yet dedicated organization—run by photographers, for photographers.
What began as a community darkroom in 2002 has grown into a multi-faceted resource center, offering introductory through advanced classes on diverse topics in digital photography, black-and-white film photography, and historical processes. Project Basho is also committed to fostering a vibrant photography culture through an array of community events that include lectures, exhibitions, and informal critiques.
In 2008, Project Basho created ONWARD, an international photography competition and resource organization for emerging photographers.
Interested in volunteering or teaching? Please visit our opportunities page to find out more.
Project Basho Staff
- Tsuyoshi Ito – Founder & Program Director
- Kameron Walsh – Education Coordinator
- Susannah Ayscue — Studio Monitor
- Jose Valdes Bartroli — Studio Monitor
- Dominique Benton — Studio Monitor
- Tyler Christie — Studio Monitor
- Sondra Dorr — Studio Monitor
- Lauren Karsterns — Studio Monitor
- Althea Holmes — Studio Monitor
- Catherine Park — Studio Monitor
- Mariko Perry — Studio Monitor
- Christine Slivinski — Studio Monitor
- Kestin Thomas — Studio Monitor
- Lyle Zanca — Studio Monitor